After some consideration I decided it would be in my site’s best interest to do an overall due to the glitches in it. I set out on the reconstruction on July 13, giving myself a deadline with a two week window for completion. I finished the overall structure with the main pages of the site completed about five days shy of my deadline.
Now I’m glad I had to scrap the older site because of glitches. I still had to use a template but I like the overall feel to it. I have more space and it seems more professional. However, I do plan on learning CSS. It’s not my major so I’d rather not waste cash on a class. I’ll probably try to find some books are ask a friend to help. Until then my basic html knowledge will suffice.
Prior to reconstructing the site I’ve come up with galleries for my site. A “graffiti” project and a “coloring” book these along with images of events can be found on the canvas flickr account. The front page news/updates blog has transcended in purpose. Now it’s a sort of supplement to the CanvaSoul category and provides info about events/projects, etc. Canvas tidbits can be found under the heading Embedded in the Canvas.
The canvas is a project of progression, like all things. There is a striving for growth sometimes in my pages whether here or the homepage I will share what I’m learning/revelations and attempt to link it to the arts, so that the arts community may bloom and grow.