Poememes: a hybrid word that combines poem and memes. A single verse of poetry transmitted on a viable surface. This is a weekly challenge that utilizes a one-line poem that is transmitted, translated or accompanied by a chosen medium….
This challenge combines my love for poetry and art. Since art and poetry can be “transmitted” in almost any means I thought that the term just fit and besides the arts are definitely units of culture. The word just emerged from my consciousness and unto a page of my poetic scraps (idea journal) about a year ago and I have since decided to begin a weekly challenge on my blog. I hope that this will inspire poets, artists and anyone who thinks they are not creative to join in and give it a try. It is also my hope that this will provide a sense of community here as well.
These challenges will be weekly beginning February 20, 2014. You can begin anytime if you wish. You may share your work or participate independently. (It is free to join!)
Don’t be intimedated by the term poetry. From my experience many people think of the word poetry and they automatically think that they can’t write anything. It doesn’t have to rhyme or be eloquent. If you can jot down a simple thought odds are you can do this. This is supposed to be stress free and fun. Here’s a sampling of what you can consider when penning a verse:
- an observation.
- a witty saying
- an idea you’d like to explore at another time.
- a belief or value.
- a statement
- a simple thought….etc.
For the most part you can use whatever you have on hand. Although a couple key items would prove to be helpful:
- Journal (notebook or sketchbook)
- a means to make a short video.
- You can begin this weekly challenge at any time.
- You have the option to share or participate independently.
- Artwork must include one verse of poetry.
- Post limit is 3 photos or videos a week in the flickr group.
- Create respectful compositions and post respectful comments.
- (No graphic, violent or hateful pieces)
- If you post your link to the linky page please submit a post specfic URL rather than a link to your homepage or blog.
- Have Fun & Enjoy the Artful Endeavor!
- Come back thursdays for new prompts!
Got Questions or Concerns?
Do you have any questions or concerns about the challenge/project? E-mail me by using the form below!